Monday 18 April 2011

A quotation from my latest book

Hello fellow bloggers, welcome to my page of secrets, scandals and sex. Before I throw you in at the deep end with some of my most ridiculous and outrageous stories, I thought I would try and inspire you with some lovely quotations that have stayed in my heart as soon as I heard them. Most recently from my latest read, from a book called 'The Other Hand' by Chris Cleave. The story is based on true events and has changed my whole view on third world issues, there where some pretty amazing quotations throughout, but here is one that stuck in my mind "we must all see scars as beauty, ok? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying, it means I survived" how very true. We have all been embedded with emotional or physical scars throughout our lives, and I think this beautifying statement can be related to us all.

P.S If you have'nt done already, then go get yourself a copy of this wonderful peice of literature and open your minds to the rest of the world.


A few other quotations that have stuck with me


"I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try and kill the thing on the inside" Girl interrupted



"A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life" Coco before Chanel



One of my personal favorites from the lengend that is Gandhi



And of course, Kate Nash - The nicest thing, if you don't already know this one then you are missing out, one of the best poems i've heard as it speaks to my heart.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41R1jN26b4I




Au Revoir my little birdies


No comments:

Post a Comment